Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WT: Letter to Murray


Murray,

I experienced life time setbacks from 2003-2006, venturing into the States for Medicine... Here in Korea, it's entirely different (including air quality, unfortunately), but we can take what we need and leave the rest, sometimes the job stress builds up for me, but there's still a job, I just need something to come back to (hence, sending the confirmation to the university tomorrow) when WT Camp is finished. I think once you push off, off the grid, great things will happen, even if the speed is slow [ like Shuutak's 100,000Km Challenge: http://shuutak.com ], this sort of Zen Motion allows yourself time, something I don't normally afford myself in the daily race for life. Cycling so hard last year and damaging my lungs in the Korean/Chinese air pollution (Yellow Dust) to the point of severe bronchitis last season and coughing hard enough to burst a cluster of blood vessels in 1, made me think about how hard I am riding, and for what purpose it will ultimately serve in my life? Cycling seems to give me new life, since the wheel is always turning, every Km is new and this seems to be an opportunity that knocks, if your listening, and I'm listening now. Korea is the training ground for a brute force, powerful enough to push into the strongest headwinds on the tallest peaks (even if this means pushing the bike on foot). I want to put this training to good use and explore Arctic1 in 2012. Let's see what happens next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment