Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sharing cycling and nomadic ideas in the ESL classroom, Saturday mornings in Korea




Nic,

I am super-happy for you on accomplishing 50,000Km already, more to come no doubt down your OPEN road. You needed an Xtracycle to bring a woman with you http://www.xtracycle.com/cargo-utility-bicycles.html

I've got 1 important question for you about sizing a Koga-Miyata, I am finally through riding Made-In-China, and ready to make the move into bigger touring when I leave Korea in 2012. I'm in contact with Kogausa and want to order a KM-World Traveller, since locating a late-model @ discount, I need to guess the correct frame SIZE. Hmmmm. They are not available in Korea, so I will not SEE THIS BIKE until it is shipped. I sat on a Surly Long Haul Trucker in Seoul, Korea...a 60cm and it was way too big for me, then a 56cm seemed ok. The Koga Miyata being offered to me is a 54cm. I have an Italian racer friend, also 175cm tall, he said the 54cm would be alright ^^.

I'm 5'9" or 5 feet 9 inches, 175.26cm HEIGHT. Would a 54cm Koga be the right fit, this is a tough question, curious what size you ride & it must be comfortable fit, seeing 50K already gone by...incredible job!!!

I share your stories with my Korean ESL students, we've been discussing becoming "Nomads" and a few are interested in this subject, as I continue to push the Dream of Cycling (transamerican) with them every Saturday morning when we meet for our 3-hour lesson. Discussions usually include stories about you, Alastair Humphreys [ LINK: Hitlist on right--->], Antony Jinman [LINK: Hitlist on right---->], ...all the adventure heroes currently doing expedition work that I use as my virtual classroom, outside the ESL classroom. I've learned a lot about freedom, planning, equipment, determination, and finding satisfaction from reading your blog (and my own Hitlist on blogger^^). It's been amazing following your journey live, just hope you fix that XP problem soon, my Canadian friend [Brian Sully, arrival to Korea, photos above] asked about you, he thought you might be almost in NYC right about now, funny how your world is getting all over the world, amazing inspiration to all of us common people!!! Can't wait for your sequel (next stage) and a book at the end of this, I want to sponsor my son to follow in your Legendary Moves on the bike, for this work(out) and dedication , you'll be always remembered as a great cyclist at this time of your life. Bravo, bravo, bravo & Live Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment