Sunday, December 9, 2007

E-n-g-l-i-s-h a-s a S-e-c-o-n-d L-a-n-g-u-a-g-e ESL



I've found myself teaching ESL for a second consecutive year in Korea. Teaching in Korea is like a "body-building competition", you have 12 months with these English learners which demands all your patience and dedication, but it's worth all of it. The Korean children are everything, they are a challenge and a gift to have in the classroom. There isn't a day that passes where I am not "surprised" by something they say or do. It's particularly exciting to see them reading fluently, answering questions on a dime, and being able to communicate ideas using English. In the beginning, my former students were not efficient in English, though they have studied for several years. I've found success in the results from my lessons and teaching methodologies so far. It's a process of learning how they learn, then assisting them to learn quickly. My new job is great. These students have learned English for years (from 3-4 years) or they have lived abroad for English immersion. It's amazing to discuss lessons from our "Teen Talk" conversation book, they can talk for 1.5 hours! My lessons are complex, layered, and sequenced to consume 90-minute blocks. It's challenging, but rewarding at the same time. If your interested in teaching ESL, send a message, they are always hiring in Korea! ^^++ Warm wishes & Seasons Greetings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! Brian~~!!
    me Sanghwan ^^
    that's picture so funny
    How are u?
    Who is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dudes..... You guys (and gals) have been working out..... Nice and ripped..... Look out Arnold... (USA) Dave

    ReplyDelete