Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rain to clear the air


Interesting weather pattern in South Korea. Obviously, we have enough humidity and pollution that on many summer days would call for smog-advisories. I have lived downwind of Detroit, and now Seoul which adds to pollutants coming from not-so-far-away China. One day I want to live Northwest of all the cities, away from this smog, one day it'll happen and we'll be healthier. ^^++ Rain is our best friend in Korea. Rain flushes out this Eastern air, and the following days are always the best days of the entire year! Please, more rain, more rain! The month of August is a our definitely hottest and the most humid month of the year. "Clear blue skies" are only dots on a map, or diamonds in the rough when living near Seoul. I've changed my mind about rain, I love it! Please, more rain, more rain! It flushes out our grey sky ^^++ Coworkers are going to Sokcho for the weekend, they may summit one of Seoraksan Peaks, the highest of all South Korean mountains, sounds like fun. Should I stay or should I go...tomorrow is the last 10 hour teaching day, I don't think I can muster the strength to do another 4.5 hours on buses and trains. Hope Sean & Erin are having stupendous breaks...God Bless their safe arrival back to Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment