Thursday, July 12, 2007

Typhoon - Man Yi


I've been tracking the tropical storm-turned Typhoon Man Yi for the past few days. There is the annual "Mud Festival" in Daecheon this weekend on the western coast of the Korean peninsula. Mi is opposed to the trip for the general inconvienences, also the rest of our teachers are all going to camp in the pine forest along the beach. What kind of weather can we expect this weekend is cloudy and humid. I believe the typhoon has crossed Taiwan and will curve northeast along the southern islands of Japan before it dissipates into the East Sea (Sea of Japan). Mi's mountain bike had front-shock failure so we sent it back on warrenty. My bike has clocked hundreds of Kilometers since I started riding in February of this year. The weather has been humid, but the frequent showers flush all the pollutants out of the air, the following days feature the rare blue skies in Korea. Surrounded by water on all sides except for the border with North Korea, we find intense humidity and cloudiness common almost year-round. Boryeong Beach would be exciting for this coming weekend, but I'm not sure if I'm "allowed" to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment