Thursday, January 4, 2007

Hakwon Teaching Continues

Just another 10 hour day at the hakwon. We are teaching intensive English lessons this month. I walk to school around 9:30am and walk home around 8:00pm. There are breaks in the daily schedule, but it's generally a long day! This month offers one extra class for $500.00 bonus, but I teach the extra 45-minute lesson everyday, in addition to my regular schedule. I hope all my Christmas cards made it to their destinations. The Holidays will come again soon, next month is Lunar New Years in asia. This celebration will be big in Korea, Japan and China. Some teachers are taking holidays in Thailand, I wish I was one of them. Unfortunately, I must save more $ to payoff US school loans, so the trip is out this year. Another possibility, I'll finish this contract & take the free return flight to Detroit and plan a motorcycle trip to Costa Rica. Problem is, I complete the contract in late November 2007, so it will be unseasonal to start a trip to Central America at that time of the year. Otherwise, I could extend my contract another 6 months and leave in the summer 2008. Korean teaching is from year-to-year, the salary doesn't change much. Hence, departing on an adventure from here is quite a possibility. Besides, I could use the rest after spending the last several years studying in Michigan, such is an open book, the pages have yet to be written. For now, I look forward to my free evenings at home, or at the gym burning off extra energy. Right now, I am awaiting the two final classes I teach for the day, then I can take the 5 minute walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment