Thursday, March 19, 2015

A TransAm bicycle tour // Recumbent cycling through Wyoming USA // Adventure Cycling in America // Deserts of China // The Himalayas on tour //

Cycle touring across the Taklamakan Desert in 2011 [Perich travels, Korean-World]. This tour was awesome, I started on the slow boat to China from South Korea. And continuing from Beijing, I took a train to Urumqi in northwest China [Turkestan] and cycled the deserts first along the southern Silk Road before entering the Aksai Chin and returning to Kashgar. I continued my trek through Sichuan (western Tibet) and Yunnan Provinces via Chengdu, Kangding, Xicheng, Lugu Lake, Lijiang, Deqin. 3200 kilometers or 2000 miles later, I lost 53 pounds (24 kilograms) preparing and riding the tour. [Video from HimalayasX2011]



I discovered some great cycle touring video collections, this one covers the Trans American route across Wyoming, United States and seeing the scenery reminds me of motorcycling there 1994-1996.
[Authors notes:] I rode my bicycle self supported across the USA in the summer of 2011. This is a little video series that highlights parts of my trip.


Adventure Cycling Association just published this great short film on bicycle touring the American TransAm route. Videos like this are inspiration to go out and ride anywhere. [Authors notes:]With the incomparable Madison Range as a backdrop, cyclists explore the backroads, farmer's markets, and small towns of Big Sky Country using pedal power alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment