Saturday, March 17, 2012

WT: Solo, training for expeditions in South Korea // HimalayasX2011-2012


Solo, training for expeditions in South Korea, anyone can join me here, knock and the door will be answered. Amen.

 Reservoir Lake, Gangneung. My favorite winter location for Ice Bicycling.

Gangneung, Gangwon-do, South Korea has a series of small lakes created in a reservoir area. For the first time, I set out to cross all sections of these frozen lakes, the temperatures dropped to -10 Celsius and the sun was out, it was an amazing day to adventure cycle!

Music: Kasabian (Club Foot) and Contemporary Chinese.

Adventure blog + links to explorers:
http://korean-world.blogspot.com

I support IDEAS - Intestinal Disease Education & Awareness Society

In partnership with ETE - Education Through Expeditions


Peace from South Korea!

I completed some sub -20 micro adventures this winter too

South Korea Micro-Adventures 


Training has gone solo these days, lost my one riding partner in Gangneung
Round the Reservoir Lake, Gangneung. My favorite spot for cardiovascular training with mountains
New SMP (Italy) TRK saddle, Ride like a dream - painless performance seat.
Had another S24O (Sub 24-hour Overnight) Micro Adventure in the fall of 2011 where I came across two mountain cougars, rare but lucky to be seen near Jeongseon, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Success and failure, triumph and tragedy: all circumstantial parts of our life, learning and human exploration. 

My Personal Mantra: 
Prepare for future expeditions, 
one day at a time, it's all you can do. 
Never impossible, you're just trying it out.
Never stop overcoming, challenges are always ahead.

I also engage in adventures to support several foundations -


In partnership with ETE (Education Through Expeditions)

visit the websites to find out more.

Enjoy the rides. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment