Saturday, January 21, 2012

Every great adventure begins...with a single step. Adventure cycling in western China, Korean-World Presents...

 Every great adventure begins...with a single step. Face your fears to live your Dreams. I'm glad I did. 
Next adventure...^^

 Riding across deserts for the first time in my life was exciting, I have driven earlier on motorcycles across the Mojave Desert, USA and drove tour vans across Death Valley, USA. But on a bicycle, it is extra special when you arrive, are welcomed, and survived the journey. Here I am entering Korla, Xinjiang after leaving Urumqi miles behind, the glow is the sand blowing in the desert surrounding this human island oasis city. Amazing stuff. (:

 QQ.com is a great social media in China, I am sharing over there with my friends who cannot see Facebook, another style of photos are composites that are generated with collection photos. Cool! If you use QQ.com, I am over there as Cycleagain. This is also my Twitter name as well. Peace from cold, rainy, and inside warm, South Korea.

Reflections of the Himalayas and cultures that exist beyond borders (above). Jolong, Sichuan, China - HimalayasX2011 expedition.

 Traveling north of the Taklamakan Desert, there are many Uyghur villages with irrigation systems above and below ground (aquifers), sustaining life in areas otherwise, uninhabitable. Great for cycling.

Nothing like a few cardboard boxes to bed down for an afternoon expedition nap, loved every moment right here, HimalayasX2011 expedition, in blog here http://korean-world.blogspot.com/2011_08_14_archive.html

I made it to China. it's the first step into my bicycle touring dreams.

Memories which remind me that there is life outside, while we journey, and see more of the world beyond borders, it's amazing!

Cycling through Mianning County, it was great, tough, and memories (:

I met some new friends south of Urumqi, and visited their families in Korla, an oasis in the deserts of Xinjiang, Uyghur Autonomous Region of Western China. I arrive and meet some grandparents.

 Sha Fei, a cool guy who hosted me for the weekend in Korla.
Location: South of the Tian Shan Mountains http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonics_of_the_Tian_Shan , North of the Taklamakan Desert, HimalayasX2011 expedition supported 
IDEAS, Intestinal Disease Education & Awareness Society, Canada
Link: http://nogutsknowglory.com/ http://weneedideas.com/

In partnership with ETE, Education Through Expeditions, UK 
Link: http://www.etenews.org/ete_ambassadors.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment