Monday, November 16, 2009

WT: Cycling in Morocco - Youssef Boucetta






About 1/2 a year ago, whilst going through the Facebook groups, I met a young cyclist-to-be-Expeditioner named Youssef Boucetta. This guy is really cool, as I can say he will approach anyone and everyone interested in cycling, expeditions, bicycle touring, or those whom have devoted a great deal of their life to two wheels. I've been fortunate to become friends with such a great guy in Morocco, even though I have never been there or any place on that corner of the globe. Well, recently Youssef got handles on a new digital camera, an ace to his advance to sharing his goodwill message from Cycling in Morocco, and I wanted to share his recent work here on Korean-World. Although my site began as a space for my ESL teaching experience, it's now evolved, sharing the Cycling Spirit that forms a strong collective of riders around the world. I hope to experience the full-intensity of a ultra-distance cycling expedition , the time I will set aside to ride ONE, from the Arctic to Argentina in 2012-2013(32,000km, more about that over here). Ok, back to Cycling in Morocco...brought to you by Youssef Boucetta, a new name, one that will become familiar in Cycling groups, when this lad launches into his own World Expedition in the future. Until then, he's got a whole world to discover in Morocco, as I have found in South Korea. Look around you, the adventure is really right there where you left it, pick up yourself, pack your gear, and ride!!! - Brian Perich, writing from a small apartment in Siheung, South Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment