Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sokcho to Gyeungju to Busan Bike Trip



I am currently enroute to the historic southeastern city of Gyeungju. I have pedaled for almost 6 hours today, from Sokcho to Gangneung. I currently write from a PC Bang, an internet gaming cafe. My upper upper legs are still burning, so I stopped to buy some metholatum to rub into these cramping muscles. It was a rainy day for most of the ride. I am relieved the rain finally gave it a rest, it's currently clear. ^^++ Still many miles to go. Tonight I am spending the night in a Jim-Jil-Bang, which is an incredible public bath/sauna/family that has full-facilities including fitness clubs, a restaurant, the saunas, and the general relaxation areas with big-screen TVs and sleeping mats. Tonight the Jim-Jil-Bang is only 4,500 KR Won, less than $5. This place is extremely clean, relaxing, and I can stay all-night, sleeping on mats in "quiet/sleeping rooms." The eastern Korean coastline is beautiful, miles of untouched beaches and barb-wired fences and numerous seaside villages. There were also numerous small-scale military bases throughout central Kangwon-do Province, reminder that the country is still fortified against invaders from North Korea. South Korea itself, is a beautiful country, and this bicycle trip really has been "eye-opening" to the beauty of a country that has history stretching back 1000's of years. The route I am taking is Route 7, along the spectacular route bordering the Pacific coastline. I have met numerous Koreans, all were extremely helpful, and really genuinely interested in my cycle trip. This is a safe, welcoming country to travel across, and either in English, Korean, or body-language, it is easy to communicate with everyone, and everyone is willing to help! ^^++ Thank you! I have no idea when I will stop, I will to try the "deep heat" treatment and see if my legs can take more pounding. Peace and love out to all my friends and family in Korea and around the cosmos. I love my honey, she's lonely at home without me. Stay tuned for more...

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EXPLORING KOREA CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment