Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cycling Korea: Note to Mike Noonan on his 500KM - 2 DAY Hammer to Busan


Hey Mike, it's a fantastic opportunity to group hammer, unfortunately the touring bike I'm riding keeps only 65psi in the rear tire & it wouldn't be up for the task Seoul to Busan @25-40Kph [Mike Noonan successfully completed this ride with 2/10 other riders in 15 hours!!!]. I'm planning to meet up with Murray in Sokcho while he rides towards the DMZ (Goeseong) from Sokcho. Later, I'm back down the coast to Gangneung. I usually work Saturdays too, making this 500Km ride all the more tempting!! All I can say is, "S**t! Maybe next time!!!" I gave you a call your line was busy, or turned off...got your msg though, and saved your #, so thanks a bunch!

I'm going to keep this simple touring bike and later upgrade to a hard-road/touring bike with full-panniers that can travel distance at a much faster clip. I'm personally training for a 48,000Km ride in Spring 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Are you in Sokcho? I might be interested in a ride to the DMZ Observation centre (Tongil jeon Mang dae, I think) in the next two weeks. That's about the limit of my endurance - otherwise shorter rides would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian! We should try to take up that bike ride this 2011 season!! (: Hope all is well, send word anytime.. Brian P

    ReplyDelete