Monday, October 24, 2011

RTW Correspondence with Gaston Bonaudi in Buenos Aires, Argentina :: Expeditions



  • February 15, 2010
    Gaston Bonaudi
    • Hey Brian! nice to meet you! thanks for adding me as a friend. I checked your website, it's great. Are you planning to come to Argentina?
      I think we have a lot of things in common, bikes and travels, lol. If you need help for planning or just for friendship here in Buenos Aires, please write me!

      My Best.

      Gaston

  • February 15, 2010
    Brian Perich
    • Hey Gaston,

      Very cool to meet you here. Much more to share (of course an introduction helps ^^..) I have many obstacles to overcome to reach that point, but that's the challenge of an expedition -adventure!!! Would be great to speak, I have 0-knowledge of the roads and experiences beyond Northern Mexico. Thanks for checking out the blog, I try to keep it interesting for an outlet to life in general too.

      Peace from Korea,

      Brian P ^_^

  • 31 minutes ago
    Gaston Bonaudi
    • Hi Brian!

      How are you?  How is everything going with your plans to travel across America?

      I want to tell you still can count on me if you need help with your trip plans and stay in Argentina. I would really like to host you and talk a lot with you to learn a little more about your experiences traveling by bike.
      Since I last write you I've had the chance to travel all around South and Central America and have lots of tips to share if you need help. BTW I'm enyoing so much following your trip around China!

      I hope some day to have the enough power and conviction to start my own ¨around the world trip by bike¨... by now I'm doing it just with a backpack...
      Take care and I look forward hearing from you!.
      :)

  • about a minute ago
    Brian Perich
    • Hi Gaston,





      This is really nice of you to write again. Yes, I am definitely coming to Central and South America with the http://arctic2argentina.com/ but how I will do it, is still a mystery to me (time off work, family are main concerns, everything about cycling is sorted...China was definitely a great experience to build on, anything is possible after that one!).

      Backpacking is a free lifestyle, the equipment is light and you can travel well. I have hitch-hiked in the past/present, starting around Vancouver Island, Canada in the 1990's, then in Korea and China. The nice thing about cycling, and bicycle touring - you always have the option to hitch-hike after pedaling 100km in a day. You can travel wider distances and remain self-sufficient for lengths of time.

      I think you have amazing experiences to share, and I would learn a lot from you too. Let's try to make some mileage as a team on bikes. You'll learn in my blog, it isn't about expensive equipment (although quality components definitely help), it's about preparing yourself mentally and physically to travel. That much, you have already accomplished!!

      I prefer mountain bikes MTBs over touring bikes. They are cheap, easy to repair/replace parts, and they can ride on different terrain. Best tires on the market, I mention in my blog - Schwalbe Marathon (or Marathon Plus Tour if available...there are lighter versions now available in 2011-2012, I haven't tested them yet).

      It will be a long way down, if you can join me, it would be a better journey. (:

      Peace, I'm here when you need to speak (:

      Brian Perich
      Skype: prof.brian.perich
      http://korean-world.blogspot.com/

    • arctic2argentina.com
      Global Bike from the Arctic Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment